A veteran on the music scene now, having been performing since high school, west central Florida-based Frankie Raye is a tireless recording artist who doesn’t have an Off button.
In 2019 Frankie had months where she had as many as 30 bookings, sometimes performing twice in the same day (even three times in a day on a few occasions). This all coincided with the release of her album, “Brave,” which featured eight original songs.
That momentum was carried over into 2020 as she began the year by being selected by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) to perform at their massive Winter Show in Anaheim, California, where more than 100 thousand attendees converge for four days of tradeshow and conference activity. While out west, Frankie also had the opportunity to perform at the House of Blues Anaheim. It was also around the NAMM Show that artist deals were finalized for her with Mogami Cables and G7th Capos.
Continuing to write new music, Frankie Raye’s voice is being heard through interviews and airplay. From TV to podcasts, her story and her songs are reaching audiences near and far, both nationally and internationally. She has performed and been interviewed on network affiliate morning TV shows. And, she was even part of a TV news story on the addition of live music to Tampa International Airport, with extensive screen time during the piece.
Frankie had previously put out the album “A Thing or Two About a Dream” in 2016, after a ten-song, self-produced/independently distributed release entitled, “Chapters,” in 2014.
Through it all she has performed on stages from California to Louisiana to her home state of Florida, playing at songwriters festivals, special events, and traditional live music venues. Of note just in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area alone are the Hard Rock, Tropicana Field, and Straz Center.
More information is available on her official website, www.FrankieRaye.com, as well as through her Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, all of which are linked to on her website. Frankie’s music is on all major streaming platforms, including Apple Music and Spotify, among others.
- ABC’s (WFTS-TV) “Tampa Bay Morning Blend” music guest 2020 (link here)
- FOX 13 (WTVT – Tampa) Appearance (link here)
- ABC’s (WFTS-TV) “Tampa Bay Morning Blend” musical guest 2019 (link here)
- ABC’s (WFTS-TV) “Tampa Bay Morning Blend” musical guest 2016 (link here)
- Interview on “Indie Insight with Marnie Cate” (link here)
- CBS’s (WTSP-TV) Tampa Bay “Studio 10” musical guest (link here)
- Orlando Music Factory’s web series “Independent Artist Series” (Episode 3 Here)
- “Music-Preneur” Podcast with Suzanne Paulinski (05/2020 Here)
- “Break the Business” Podcast with Ryan Kairalla from Florida (listen here)
- “Unstarving Musician” Podcast with Robonzo (listen here)
- “Island Time Radio” from Cleveland OH 9/2/19 (Listen)
- “Mike Wagner Show” from North Dakota
- Episode 279 on “Now Hear This Entertainment Podcast” from Tampa FL(6/12/19 listen here)
- “CityWide Blackout” from Boston MA (May 2019 here)
- Episode 160 on “DJ Struth Mate” from Australia (Here)
- “Songwriter Show w/Sarantos” (2/19/19 here)
- “St. Pete Foodies” Podcast (4/16/19 here ; 11/27/18 here)
- “Music Business Hacks” with Simon Tam (8/30/18 podcast here)
- “Coffee and Donuts” WSLR 96.5 FM (DOWNLOAD sound file here)
- “Mike Kara Radio Program – What’s up, America?” (interview here)
- Episode 9 of Craig and Cool Kim (episode here)
- Cleveland, Ohio: “Island Time Radio” WBCB 88.3FM
- New York: WRIP 97.9 FM “Local Licks with Sonny Rock”
- Dallas, Texas: “Queen Silvy Show” from
- Tampa, Florida: WMNF 88.5 FM “Musician’s Wanted”
- Tampa, Florida: WMNF 88.5 FM “Florida Folk Show” (performance here)
- Sarasota, FL: WSLR 96.5 FM “Coffee & Donuts”
- Carlow, Ireland: “Carlow FM” (here)
- Cardiff, Whales: “WIGWAM Radio” (here)
- Yorkshire, England: “Soundlab” (here)
- Carterham, England: “Ridge Radio” (here)
- Hailsham, England: “Premium Blend” 95.9
- Kingsbridge, England: “South Devon Sound”
- Glasgow, Scottland: “Pulse Community Radio” 98.4
- Interview for UK-based news site (Here)
- New Single “Theodora” review on Tampa News Wire (Here)
- Featured article in UK-based Northern Revival Magazine (article here)
- Honorable Mention in Music Fest News (article here)
- Nominated for Creative Loafing’s “Best of the Bay” (multiple categories; 2016 – 2020
- TBT (Tampa Bay Times) “Artist of the Day” (link: Artist of the Day)
- House of Blues, Anaheim CA (2020)
- Chosen performer for a showcase at NAMM, Anaheim, CA (Yamaha stage) (2020)
- “Enchant: World’s Largest Christmas Light Maze”, Tropicana Field (2019)
- “Brews by the Bay” at the Florida Aquarium (2019)
- Regular performer at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel
- Regular performer at the Straz Center Tampa
- Regular performer for Tampa Bay Rays games at Tropicana Field.
- Performed at the Yankees Spring Training game at Steinbrenner Field (2016)
- Chosen performer for the Seminole Hard Rock Casino’s 2nd annual June Acoustic Music Showcase (2016)
- NAMM Anaheim, CA (2018, 2019, 2020)
- WhigFest (2019)
- Key Largo Songwriter’s Festival, Key Largo FL (2018)
- Suncoast Arts Festival, Tampa FL (2016, 2018)
- Hard Rock Tampa JAMS (2016)
- Live Love Local Festival, Clearwater FL (2016)
- Zenfest, Plant City, FL (2015, 2016, 2020)
- Delandapalooza, Deland FL (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Sarasota Songwriter’s Festival, Sarasota FL (2012)
- Deland Original Music Festival, Deland FL (2011, 2012, 2013)